Snort mailing list archives

Re: A few pulledpork questions

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:58:37 -0600

On 2013-08-13 11:49, Eoin Miller wrote:
On 8/13/2013 17:08, James Lay wrote:
Third...

I'm running:

PulledPork v0.6.1 the Smoking Pig <////~

Yet, if I comment out in pulledpork.conf:
version=0.6.0
or change it to
version=0.6.1
I get

You are not using the current version of pulledpork.conf!
Please use the version that shipped with PulledPork v0.6.1 the
Smoking
Pig <////~!

Why must my pulledpork.conf have 0.6.0 as the version?

If I remember correctly, the version number in the conf file is
supposed
to signify the version of the conf file, not the version of the
script.
So if you aren't running 0.6.0 specifically in the conf file, the
script
will complain that you are running the current version of the conf
file.

-- Eoin

Hrmm..why would pp 0.6.1 require a 0.6.0 conf file? Odd..thanks Eoin!

James