Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Interested in developing a preprocessor; want all the documentation I can get.

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:56:23 -0400

On Aug 12, 2013, at 9:52 PM, Tony Robinson <deusexmachina667 () gmail com> wrote:

this gives me a good starting point... Do you or anyone else for that matter know if the starter kit is compatible
with the latest snort versions? I'm assuming so, since the web page refers to snort 2.9.4.x while the text doc in the
tarball refers to snort 2.9.0.x

also specifically what I'm looking to do is take normalized traffic in either a passive or inline config and pass the
cleaned up/reassembled traffic to prads or p0f for more accurate host detection, and in turn prads or p0f could be
used to build more accurate stream 5 or frag 3 host policies.. makes sense, no?

It’s compatible.