Snort mailing list archives

Re: Interested in developing a preprocessor; want all the documentation I can get.

From: "Rodrigo Montoro(Sp0oKeR)" <spooker () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:34:36 -0300

Take a look at host attribute tables http://manual.snort.org/node22.html

Anyway this tool with nmap do something similar what you want I guess but
not analyzing traffic is passing on snort.

http://global-security.blogspot.com.br/2010/02/hogging-snort-host-attribute-table.html

Maybe studying DAQ you could get hook you want easier than a preproc.
Anyway as I said before I'm not a devel so I'm just looking as a infosec
guy.

Good luck!

regards,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Tony Robinson