Snort mailing list archives

Re: Interested in developing a preprocessor; want all the documentation I can get.

From: "Rodrigo Montoro(Sp0oKeR)" <spooker () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:27:02 -0300

I'm not a devel but for sure this url will help you =)

http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/dynamic-preprocessor-starter-kit/

Regards,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Tony Robinson
<deusexmachina667 () gmail com>wrote:

Title really says it all.

Sorry for cross posting this into both users and the devel mailing list,
but I'm looking to get as many sets of eyes as I can here.

Do any of you have any experience developing snort preprocessors? I would
like to try my at rolling one of my own, or figuring out how to pass
normalized/preprocessed traffic to other network inspection tools -- to be
quite honest, I have no idea what I'm doing  and am not sure if a
preprocessor would be necessary to do this or not.

I know that for the most part, there are readmes included with most of the
source code, but if anyone has anymore solid documentation on how to do
something like this, I need all the documentation I can get.

--
when does reality end? when does fantasy begin?

Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel

--
Rodrigo Montoro (Sp0oKeR)