Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Sourcefire

From: Scott <opiesan () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:28:59 -0400

If Cisco has any brains at all they'll leave Sourcefire as is for the most
part. Keep in mind their objective is to buy a rock star security
company/product because it makes good business sense and yes, money.

Change is inevitable but not always bad. Sourcefire rocks because they know
what they're doing and they do it better than most other IPS vendors. I
believe they'll bust ass to make sure the great things stay great while
making other things better. It's in Cisco's best interests to do the same.
Otherwise it's like using the Turin shroud to wash your car. Even Cisco
isn't that stupid.

They've got a ways to go before this all approved and final. I recommend
taking a deep breath, relax, and hold steady as she goes. It'll work out
for the best.

Scott

P.S. - Congrats to any Sourcefire folks that become insanely rich. Next
time we meet at a con drinks are on you. ;-)