Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: barnyard2-1.10 major problem

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:48:43 -0400

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr.
<lhughes () safemedia com> wrote:
Beenph,

As you suggested yesterday to add the following:

"add  --alert-on-each-packet-in-stream in your barnyard2 command line
and it will work as expected."

This does not work, I have a unified2 file from snort that has 4 packets
along with the alert, but barnyard2-1.10 is only inserting the first packet
into the snort.data table???

Whats is the barnyard2 command line do you use?

Also what is your unified2 output configuration in snort.conf?

So far we have increased the CACHED_EVENTS_MAX  from 512 to 2048 and again
to 4096  (did not help)
added: --alert-on-each-packet-in-stream to barnyard2 command line (did not
help).

What do you suggest now to get barnyard2-1.10 to work as you say it should?
BTW it never worked in barnyard2-1.8 either.

I can't say for 2-1.8.

-elz