Snort mailing list archives

Re: Keeping separate databases?

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:20:59 +1300

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:38:04AM -0800, Jason Monroe JC wrote:
Ok this is all well and good, but in most cases people are using ACID or
some other GUI and try to employ least privilege as much as possible. So
they move the name of the MySQL db by hand, now the MySQL perms on the
new archive DB don't exist and only MySQL-root can connect. Working

This is way off-topic. And it isn't a problem. Read up on how to set perms
under MySQL/whatever - I always set my Snort MySQL dbs to "allow user snort
to control db named snort%" - i.e. a wildcard. Then as long as you rename
the dir to "snort_SOMETHINGELSE", it all keeps working

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417