Snort mailing list archives

RE: Looking for recommendations for distributed Snort GiGE Sensors (network architecture described in message)

From: Landon Stewart <lstewart () superb net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:21:49 -0800

At 10:31 PM 12/10/2003, Val P wrote:

occasions, but is usually around 10%). The server has 1GB of ram, and is
logging to a SQL Server 2000. Running on FreeBSD 4.8. The average load (not
during peak times) is about 0.75 - 1.25. Single processor configuration.

I wonder if I could monitor two GiGE pipes with one box and two GiGE NICs with a single CPU 2.4GHz machine with a decent bus speed.

By the way, are you connected to a mirrored switch port on your sensor?