Snort mailing list archives

Re: Win32 Snort as a service: Error 1067

From: "Chris Reid" <chris.reid () codecraftconsultants com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:26:51 -0600

What messages are recorded in your Windows Event Log?  Each error you are
seeing is supposed to generate at least one message in the Event Log.

What happens when you run the following (sorry if the lines wrap):

    C:\> cd \
    C:\> c:\snort\bin\snort -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log -i1

Are any further errors displayed in the command prompt window this time?

The Win32 service needs fully qualified paths to be specified within the
snort.conf file.  This includes paths for rules files and classification
files.  Ensure that you modified your snort.conf file to specify these fully
qualified paths.

Chris Reid