Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: Win32 Snort as a service: Error 1067

From: "Sean Lazar" <slazar () cruzio com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:27:13 -0700

I modified the install to my specs. I followed the guide
http://www.silicondefense.com/support/windows/winsnortdocs/winsnarfiis.php but I changed the service install command. I
only have one partition (no D drive) and didn't want to run IIS.

I wanted to share my experiences with how I got the error 1067, and what I did to change it.

The command:
snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log -i1
will give an error 1067 when you try to start the service.

The command:
snort /service /install -l C:\snort\log
works better and does not give the error. I think that the -c paramater is the culprit.

It looks like the snort found on your website
http://www.silicondefense.com/support/windows/files/snort200/Snort_201_Build88_Installer.exe and the one found on the
snort page http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/win32/snort-2_0_1.exe are probably the same because they have the same file
size.

Hope that clarifies things.