Snort mailing list archives

Question about Snort Unix socket preprocessor

From: Yanyan Yang <toyyyang () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I know that Unix socket preprocessor is an experimental feature. I wrote a simple program to use this feature to let
Snort send the alert to the socket (snort_alert) and another program to read the alerts from this socket.

However, when the amount of alerts is very large (at least over thousands within a minute), recvfrom( ) function call
returns -1 with errno 22 which is "Invalid argument" (I use select( ) to listen to a couple of sockets). But I checked
that all the arguments passed to recvfrom are valid.

Could anyone give me some help? I'd greatly appreciate any input!

Yanyan,