Snort mailing list archives

Re: installation snag

From: Erick Mechler <emechler () techometer net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:37:40 -0800

:: After I installed them, and tried the "# mysql -u root" command, I got the
:: following error:
::
:: 'ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
:: 'var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (2)'

MySQL can't connect to the local socket, meaning that MySQL isn't running.
Check your log files in /var/log/mysql (the default, might be different
depending on where you chose to put the installation) and see if there are
any hints as to what the problem could be.