Snort mailing list archives

Re: database connect issue

From: Michael Boman <michael.boman () securecirt com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:54:52 +0800

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:37:18PM -0500, Saul Bosquez wrote:
Hi guys,
My sensor box isn't logging properly to my Mysql/ACID Database..
I checked it out and it's logging the traffic of the eth1 (this interface
receives traffic from a mirrored port of a switch) on the /var/log/snort
directory, it creates thousands of directories with IP numbers of the
sources of the alert packets. The eth0 of the sensor box it's connected to a
hub and this hub is connected to the eth0 of the database box as well.
But when I get to the database box I realize the database it's empty. I
accesed the ACID console and it's completely empty. But on the snortcenter
console the sensor seems to be up and running.
What should i do to get this issue fixed?
thanks in advance.

What options do you use to start snort?

Best regards
 Michael Boman