Snort mailing list archives

Snort w/ Mysql Error

From: nephlite <nephlite () neo rr com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:28:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone. I using FreeBSD 4.7 and trying to install
apache/snort/mysql/acid/php. Well I have everything ready to go and now I am
trying to install snort and have it log to mysql. so I do the following:
./configure --with-mysql  and snort compiles fine but then when I try to run
it I get an error that snort is not compiled for mysql support and to add
the dir in which mysql is installed at. Well I installed mysql from a
package while following these instructions from snorts webpage
http://www.snort.org/docs/FreeBSD44Stable-Snort-MySQLVer1-1.pdf  yes i know
that this is for freebsd 4.4 but I figured it would work for me. and in the
instructions it says to point snort to /usr/local/libexec and mysqld is in
that dir. But still no luck. If anyone can help me that would be great.

Jake