Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problems running Snort 1.9 for windows

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:20:34 -0700

MOHESOWA,

Did you do a clean install of Snort or was this an upgrade?
Did you install WinPcap?
Did you install WinPcap 2.3?
Did you restart the system?
Did you try Snort -v from the command prompt?
Did you try Snort -W and use the -ix (x is the number of your sniffing
interface) in your startup line (snort -v -i3). That will place Snort in
packet sniffing mode on interface 3 and you should see all kinds of
traffic flying by.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com