Snort mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "Chris Eidem" <ceidem () Dexma com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:33:16 -0500

Below is the error I get trying to run snort.

database:     sensor id = 1
database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax
near '[schema]'
at line 1
database: schema version = 0
database: The underlying database seems to be running an
older version of
the DB
schema.
          Please re-run the appropriate DB creation script (e.g.
create_mysql,
          create_postgresql, create_oracle) located in the contrib\
directory.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I used the 1.8.7 source to get the create_mysql table entries.

you need to use schema v105.  do this:

mysql -u root -p
use snort;
select * from schema;

if it doesn't look like this:

mysql> select * from schema;
+------+---------------------+
| vseq | ctime               |
|  105 | 2002-07-11 14:41:41 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

then do this:

mysql> update schema2 set vseq = '105', ctime = now() where vseq = '0';

that should do it, if that is indeed, the problem.

 - chris