Snort mailing list archives

RE: Threat Management

From: Steve Scott <sjscott007 () earthlink net>
Date: 09 Aug 2002 09:24:34 -0500

I agree.  Just having the asset database will improve your analysis by
ten fold.  Especially when its that convenient.

The automated scans would work well in environment where the IDS
analysts doesn't control the DMZ.  We have the same problem in our
operation.  Systems are constantly changing and new ones are added.

I added two new sections: Concerns & Evaluation Criteria.  These new
section should help in evaluating systems and some of the issues
associated with them.

Regards,

Steve