Snort mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: Omolayo Salako <OSalako () corp goamerica net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:59:21 -0400

If you can be a little bit more clearer, may be I can help. Correct me if am
wrong, I think what you were trying to say was you need something to perform
vulnerability assessment. I don't think snort can really help you with that,
since you already have nessus, you can use it in exploit mode( not advisable
on a production network unless you are ready to look for another job) or try
tools like IDSwakeup, hping2, nemesis, firewalker or dsniff, even oldboy
nmap would do. It all depends on what you are trying to do, you can find
most of these tools at www.packetfactory.org or do a search on
www.google.com if that link is broken.