Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: gem at cigital.com (Gary McGraw)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:55:32 -0400

hi neil,

For what it's worth, there is a list of universities with some kind of software security curriculum on page 98 of
"Software Security" <http://swsec.com>.  Remember, this list was created in 2006, and lots of other universities have
jumped on the bandwagon since then.

* University of California at Davis
* University of Virginia
* Johns Hopkins University
* Princeton University
* Purdue University (especially the CERIAS center)
* Rice University
* University of California at Berkeley
* Stanford University
* Naval Postgraduate School (a military school for graduates)
* University of Idaho
* Iowa State University
* George Washington University
* United States Military Academy at West Point

Matt Bishop made some excellent points in this thread.  He and I discuss the notion of education versus training at
length in Silver Bullet episode 31 <http://www.cigital.com/silverbullet/show-031/> part of which was transcribed here
<http://www.cigital.com/silverbullet/shows/silverbullet-031-mbishop.pdf>.

gem

company www.cigital.com