Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: jim at manico.net (Jim Manico)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:17:23 -0400

I again come back to James McGovern's suggestion, which is treating
coding as an art rather than a science

Keep your Picasso out of my coding shop, world of discrete mathematics
and predicate logic! I don't care how cheap his hourly is. :)

I'd prefer to think of coders as craftsman; we certainly are not
artists, scientists or engineers. ;) And craftsman are bound by the
laws of mathematics and the sponsors who pay us, artists have no bounds.

- Jim

On Aug 25, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Benjamin Tomhave <list-spam at secureconsulting.net