Secure Coding mailing list archives

Programming language comparison?

From: vincent at zijnemail.nl (Vincent Verhagen)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:16:10 +0100

Hi all,

I was referred to this list by a fellow security consultant for this
specific question. Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum :)

We're in the process of creating a kind of handbook for third parties
that develop web applications for us.
One (quite extensive, I'm happy to report) chapter will be about
security and for that I'm looking for a comparison of common
programming/scripting languages (PHP, C variants, JAVA, etc) their
specific risks and why or why not to use them.
Has anyone created such an overview I could use as a basis to work from?

Thanks in advance!

Vincent Verhagen
Simac ICT Netherlands