Secure Coding mailing list archives

Programming language comparison?

From: rcs at cert.org (Robert C. Seacord)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:09:05 -0500

Steven,

A while back Hal Burch and I wrote an article on "Programming Language
Format String Vulnerabilities" which is available here:

http://www.ddj.com/security/197002914

In the article we looked at the potential consequences of format string
vulnerabilities in Perl, PHP, Java, Python, and Ruby programs.

Sorry, we didn't write anything about Ada.  ;^)

rCs