Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: SQL passwords

From: Security Email <programmingart () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:36:56 -0400

Cain and Abel(free) seems like the right tool for the job: www.oxid.it/cain.html

--Rob
-----Original Message-----
From: pma111 <pmaneedham () hotmail com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:38 AM
To: pen-test () securityfocus com
Subject: SQL passwords

Hi All,

Are there any penetration testing / commercial cracking tools on the market,
or freebies, where we could export the password hashes directly from our SQL
tables (sys.syslogins) and crack the passwords offline, so not to affect our
live servers? Any pointers would be great.

Thanks
--

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org