Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: AppScan and IDS evasion

From: "Sanjay R" <2sanjayr () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 22:42:18 +0530

Hi q,
if you happen to know which IDS was in between, please do let us know.
it seems to be a good one :).. kidding

well... as being suggested by Todd, you can try SSL assuming there is
NIDS. but if its a HIDS (running on the target machine), this method
will fail. coming to your original question, u r trying to do
something that every hacker/cracker die to do (probably without
putting that much efforts that they r putting). so.. if u r authorized
to do this pentest against some web server and if u have a static IP,
u can always ask administrator to not to block your IP.

-sanjay