Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: war dial - ISDN

From: Volker Tanger <vtlists () wyae de>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:57:17 +0200

Hi!

Can we utilize the THC-Scan for identifying ISDN TA in a war dialing
exercise ?

You will need to use a FOSSIL driver (that does AT-commands-to-ISDN.
You will need to (manuall) set to the proper ISDN data types (HLDC,
transparent, X.75)

I know of only three ISDN-native wardialers that will switch modes for
you: t-kit, tmap and of course PAWS - all listed on
http://www.wyae.de/software/paw/

is there any specific war dialer or hardware that I need to use to
check for an TA connected to an ISDN link ?

An ISDN-TA and an ISDN line, obviously.
;-)

Bye

Volker