Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Kaseya

From: "M.B.Jr." <marcio.barbado () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 16:01:21 -0300

Hello list,
there's this infrastructure tool set for automating managed services,
named Kaseya (proprietary technology).

Basically, the managed-services-provider controls one of his
customers' remote LANs with two intercommunicating "appliances":

  * a Kaseya dedicated server located at the MSP data center; and

  * a "probe" equipment at the remote LAN.

The audit team to which I belong is about to examine the probe-featured LAN.
Right now, we're researching whether this "solution" can cause the LAN
some weaknesses;
the resulting research's report is going to shape the logical tests.

So, the question is (I guess):
does anyone know of any Kaseya-enhanced LAN security implication/vulnerability?

Thank you,
yours sincerely,

--
Marcio Barbado, Jr.