Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OSCP

From: "Taras P. Ivashchenko" <naplanetu () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:09:06 +0300

Hello, John!

Cool story! :)

About OSCP I think that it good first step of practical skills.
CISSP is good for CV.

I have seen this same problem so often it just eats me. I know a company
that had a test done by Earnest and Young in Nairobi, and the only
vulnerability that was found is the zone file transfer, and the guys are
CISSP certified, so whenever we meet with my fellow group of pentester
we laugh at it, saying,"u are vulnerable to dig!" Secondly u will see
employers, like a company called Safaricom employing CISSP, and the
other day i watched one of them trying to figure out how a SQLi really
works.

I think CISSP is just a paper. But business is always business.
--
Тарас Иващенко (Taras Ivashchenko), OSCP
www.securityaudit.ru