Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] "Type-of-webserver"-scanner?

From: Jose Nazario <jose () BIOCSERVER BIOC CWRU EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:48:50 -0500

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Johan.Augustsson wrote:

I've been 'ordered' to find out how many webservers there are in our
network and devide them into Apache and IIS. So I ran nmap for port 80
in a small area of our network and found a bunch of servers running
some kind of http-servers. Is there any nice tool out there which
connects to the target at port 80 and get the servertype for me or do
I have to telnet all those servers at port 80 and manually check each
server? I guess I could code something in Perl, but I'm not a great
coder so thats not an option.  :)

grinder, from the (former) rhino9 guys. runs under Win32.
http://www.technotronic.com/rhino9/software/grinder.htm

pretty simple concept, obviously, this one is justa nice gui.

jose nazario                                                 jose () cwru edu
                     PGP: 89 B0 81 DA 5B FD 7E 00  99 C3 B2 CD 48 A0 07 80
                                       PGP key ID 0xFD37F4E5 (pgp.mit.edu)