PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: [GPWN-list] breaking in to security, trying to get answers

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:17:46 -0600

I had sent this to Robin privately, but since discussion is happening here,
here's the link to the first of the three part series I did on this topic:
http://www.starmind.org/2012/01/12/security-certification-13-certifications-in-general/

There are a lot of people who ask me at events and on IRC how to get
started, so I wrote up this little HOWTO.  It's very cert-heavy, as the
most common question I get is "which certification do I need to break into
security"... so I have to start with the news that it just doesn't work
that way.

Since no one but people selling pharma and purses post blog comments these
days, if I'm going to improve the message in the future, I guess I have to
solicit comments on mailing lists like this.  :)

-Josh More