PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Corporate AV suggestions

From: mattnels at gmail.com (Matt Nelson)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:41:31 -0500

I've got to put a vote in for McAfee w/ ePO for the central console.

The reporting capability is great and it has functionality beyond the Virus
Scan product.  It comes with Rogue System detection capability, and you can
set up Agent Handlers in segmented networks for central management without
punching tons of holes through the firewall.  You can use it as a quasi
network inventory tool, with Rogue System detection, it will detect and
record all the devices that it finds.  You can then tag the systems with
whatever Tag you want. (i.e. router, or bob's machine)