PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Spam Filtering

From: lonervamp at gmail.com (Michael Dickey)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:49:17 -0500

Work: We used to use Postini but have in the past year switched to an
Ironport box. The Ironports are so far excellent. The only real reason for
switching was to save money between Postini + a "secure" email solution.
With the Ironport, we get both, closer to home, and for less cost.

Personal: I used to use manual stuff and spamassassin, but it just became
too time-consuming. I am now hidden behind Google Apps services.

I think spam management is one of those things that usually work well to
outsource, or at least let someone/something else manage. To be honest,
unless you're using custom rules, you're still really leveraging someone
else's expertise and research. But at least if you have it in-house, you
have a chance to make blocks if your service isn't working well.