PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Spam Filtering

From: bloubaker at gmail.com (Blou Baker)
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:32:21 -0500

We use Postini at the office - very happy with it.  Every once in a while
obvious spam gets through, haven't figured out why but the quantity is not
enough to bother with follow-up.  If 5 spams make it to a user's Inbox in
one day they start complaining about it. A couple of years ago I was getting
100+ spam a day. Now I get 1-2 a day.

We used our own home-grown white list application for a while.  It worked
pretty well but took a lot of time to maintain.  It is much easier to let
Postini do it.  We still scan at the gateway for viruses and emails with
attachments are stopped at the gateway for manual review and release.
Executables just get dropped.

HTH,
Blou