Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: issues.nmap.org (Github Issues) beta test now open!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 23:54:14 -0800

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM, jah <jah () zadkiel plus com> wrote:

It ought to be possible to create a user account for the list, to be
notified when an issue is assigned to it. To deal with any issue filings
which don't follow the aforementioned processes, a person with sufficient
privs could then do process number 1) just by assigning the bug to the list.

That's a great idea.  Right now I subscribed to the repo on Github so that
it emails me all new issues and comments.  But we might consider creating a
new account and subscribing the dev list.  That way if someone files a new
bug, or adds a comment, we will automatically get the full text.  It could
save people the trouble of creating a separate mail after filing an issue
and also help in the inevitable cases where people file issues or leave
useful comments without notifying the list.

Cheers,
Fyodor