Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Enhancement]Microsoft Version Table

From: Gyanendra Mishra <anomaly.the () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 22:51:43 +0530

Hi List,

I have added a zip file that contains :

   - microsoft-version-table.lua a library file that contains a table of
   windows names with their minor and major versions,type and build numbers.
   It has two helper functions get_windows_name() and already_processed(). The
   former function tells the long name depending on the information supplied
   to it. The other function is used to check if a given server has already
   been processed.
   - A modified smb-mbenum.nse file that now uses another argument
   smb-mbenum.name if set to 1 it only shows the windows name of a
   particular system on the network only once. It shows the name for each
   entry by default. It uses the get_windows_name and the already_processed
   function.
   - Two output files one containing the output when name is set to one and
   the other containing the default output.

I am not being able to grab build numbers or the server type which would
help in differentiating between two windows versions using the same major
and minor versions. David has suggested me to look into other easier
scripts that may need the function and I will. ndmp-version seems to be one
such script.

Gyanendra