Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ssh-hostkey assertion

From: Kent Fritz <kfritz () wolfman devio us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:32:58 -0400

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 06:06:59PM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:

The assertion is triggered by a failure to extract the payload and padding
lengths from an SSH2 packet. I can't reproduce this, so could you provide
either the output with --packet-trace or (preferably) a pcap of the
transaction?

I'll send a pcap off-list.

I couldn't reproduce this with OpenSSH 6.6 on OpenBSD 5.5, which is the
latest released version on  http://www.openssh.com. Did you install this
from the development tree or is something else going on?

I'm running a recent snapshot, which is probably very close to what will
be released as 5.6 in November.  I don't have 5.5 installed anywhere (never
bothered due to OpenSSL bugs).  I suspect that some key exchange algorithm
got deprecated.