Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r33611 - in nmap: nselib nselib/lpeg scripts

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 21:52:33 -0500

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
wrote:

httpspider -> http/spider.lua

In this case, I believe we could also move http.lua to http/init.lua, but I
don't know that that is a good idea.

asn1.lua -> enc/asn1.lua
base32.lua -> enc/base32.lua
base64.lua -> enc/base64.lua

json.lua -> xchange/json.lua

I know you're just giving your first thoughts, but I don't see why JSON
should be treated any differently than ASN.1.

nsedebug -> stdnse/debug.lua (do we even use this anymore?)

Yes! I use nsedebug.tostr quite often when refining scripts.

I think obviously we could aggressively reorganize everything but that
would be painful to say the least. So maybe just a few things (or not
at all). I don't know if anyone else cares about this.

I'm not opposed to it. There are currently 113 libraries and 484 scripts.
If anything, it seems like the scripts could use some hierarchical
classification; but that seems like a much harder problem to tackle and
more disruptive to users.

Dan