Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch][Ndiff] Make Ndiff install as a library as well as a script

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:50:22 -0700

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org> wrote:

Now the (hopefully last) issue is that, after 'make install', my
/usr/local/bin/ndiff is failing at "import ndiff" because it is not
finding /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ndiff.py.  I'll bet adding
the right Python environmental variable will fix that, although ideally
ndiff will work out of the box for people.

OK, I added a technique we use for Zenmap where the setup.pl modifies the
actual script (ndiff in this case) at install time so it knows where to
find its modules.  This is particularly important for the RPMs since they
get installed to the location which was appropriate to our CentOS 5 build
machines (/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages) even though the machine we
install it on may have a different version of Python.  This ensures that
the module still gets found.

Cheers,
Fyodor