Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch][Ndiff] Make Ndiff install as a library as well as a script

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:00:11 -0700

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>wrote:

1) If they're calling ndiff from cron or some other script, they'll have
to change it
2) If they're used to just calling 'ndiff' (or if they find an ndiff
command in the Nmap book or on the Internet) they'll need to figure out
what the problem is and issue the new command.

Actually, looking a bit closer, it seems that you already handled this by
adding the five line ndiff/scripts/ndiff.  Perfect!

There was also a problem with RPM building, but I think I've fixed that
(used similar technique to what we already use for Zenmap Python modules).

Now the (hopefully last) issue is that, after 'make install', my
/usr/local/bin/ndiff is failing at "import ndiff" because it is not
finding /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ndiff.py.  I'll bet adding
the right Python environmental variable will fix that, although ideally
ndiff will work out of the box for people.

Cheers,
Fyodor