Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: can not compile recent svn nmap on windows vc 2010

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 23:46:29 +0200

Hello,

2013/5/17 Gisle Vanem <gvanem () broadpark no>:
"Henri Doreau" <henri.doreau () gmail com> wrote:

In this case google proved convenient to understand the korean error
message, but I still don't know for sure how to properly get rid of
it.

We could just ignore the WSAENOPROTOOPT (10042) on Windows.

Can you try the patch attached? It cleans nsock_connect.c a bit and
includes the error codes at the end of the error messages.

It looks good. Except this SO_BROADCAST option makes the output
more noisy. The message in Norwegian is longer than in Korean:

Thanks for testing. The Norwegian message looks nice too but doesn't
read any easier than korean for me. :)

NSOCK ERROR [157.9530s] mksock_set_broadcast(): Setting of
 SO_BROADCAST failed (IOD #52): Et ukjent ugyldig eller ikke st°ttet
 alternativ eller nivσ ble angitt i et getsockopt- eller setsockopt-kall
 (10042)

Using Win-XP SP3, MSVC 2010.

--gv
So this looks like attempts to apply SO_BROADCAST on SOCK_STREAM
sockets. We could simply not do it. David, is there any peculiar
reason why there's no check to restrict it to datagram sockets?

Regards

--
Henri