Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: can not compile recent svn nmap on windows vc 2010

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 16:18:34 -0700

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:46:29PM +0200, Henri Doreau wrote:
NSOCK ERROR [157.9530s] mksock_set_broadcast(): Setting of
 SO_BROADCAST failed (IOD #52): Et ukjent ugyldig eller ikke st°ttet
 alternativ eller nivσ ble angitt i et getsockopt- eller setsockopt-kall
 (10042)

Using Win-XP SP3, MSVC 2010.

So this looks like attempts to apply SO_BROADCAST on SOCK_STREAM
sockets. We could simply not do it. David, is there any peculiar
reason why there's no check to restrict it to datagram sockets?

I don't know. Why wasn't this a problem before? What do "git blame" and
"git log -SSO_BROADCAST -p" say about the history? Your solution sounds
fine.

David Fifield