Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE script] IPv6 RA flood

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:18:09 -0700

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 10:45:10PM +0200, Adam Števko wrote:
as promised I added more information about the RA flood vulnerability
into description. I also added timeout. I did it more less the same
way as in url-snarf. However, I am not sure if it the best approach
performance-wise. See attached patch for more details. Feedback is
welcome.

This looks fine to me. Thanks. I have applied it.

Please update your own copy from the latest Nmap copy because there have
been a few changes not made by you. I changed the timeout argument to
use the stdnse.parse_timespec function so you can use strings like "5m".

The script should allow the -e option to select the interface. I.e.,
this should work but doesn't:

$ sudo ./nmap -6 -e br0 --script=ipv6-ra-flood  -d
NSE: No interface was selected, aborting...

I believe there is a standard function to get the value of this option;
check some of the other scripts that have an interface argument to see
how they do it.

David Fifield