Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Round 2: Update some scripts' categories

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:59:04 +0100

In this second list I've tried to add the 'default' category to the
scripts which I think deserve it, however perhaps others will disagree
so feedback is welcome.

This will affect Nmap's default behaviour.

o smb-mbenum.nse:
  -categories = {"discovery", "safe"}
  +categories = {"default", "discovery", "safe"}

  Add the default category if the script can get the info without
  authentication, especially if it can run without specific script
  arguments.

o giop-info.nse
  -categories = {"discovery", "safe"}
  +categories = {"default", "discovery", "safe"}

o vnc-info.nse
  -categories = {"discovery", "safe"}
  +categories = {"default", "discovery", "safe"}

o ncp-serverinfo.nse
  -categories = {"discovery", "safe"}
  +categories = {"default", "discovery", "safe"}

o smb-security-mode.nse
  currently: {"discovery", "safe"}

  Perhaps we should add the 'vuln' category to this one.
  And if the script can retrieve that info without authentication, then
  perhaps we can make it in the 'default' category.

o afp-serverinfo.nse
  -categories = {"discovery", "safe"}
  +categories = {"default", "discovery", "safe"}

  If it can retrieve that info without authentication, then adding the
  'default' category seems ok for me.

Thanks.

--
tixxdz