Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Update some scripts' categories

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:43:41 +0100

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 06:38:11PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
On 07/12/2011 01:14 AM, Djalal Harouni wrote:

You know what? when I see this entry in the Nmap's todo file:
"[NSE] Script writing contest (something to think about)"

I wonder if we should change this to:
"[NSE] Script writing contest: Patrik vs other NSE script writers" :)

Script writing contest indeed is in the TODO. :)
I would suggest announcing such a contest at a major event like BlackHat
and Defcon after a presentation on Nmap and NSE just like the one at
Defcon 18 in 2010[1]. This way the contest gets enough traction and
attention, besides the usual mailing lists and social media.
Yes a contest at a major event is a nice idea :)

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org