Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat portable for Windows (static edition)

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 23:19:01 +0300

On 06/21/2011 10:07 PM, David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:06:32PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
Hi nmap-dev,

I managed to build a portable version of Ncat, by creating a full
static build, that requires no additional libraries to run but the
executable itself(ssl included).

Thanks for figuring all this out. How about adding a new configuration
("Portable" or "Static", based on current "Release") that does these
things? You might need to do the same for the nsock project. I think you
can find a compiler flag to define DISABLE_NSOCK_PCAP rather than
editing a source file.

Definetly do-able. Will ping back when done.

I think that will cover everything needed except for building OpenSSL
statically.

David Fifield

There's a solutions for this too, how about adding the static version of
the ssl libs to svn too?

ls -lsh
total 14M
 13M -rw------- 1 shinnok shinnok  13M Jun 19 11:46 libeay32.lib
1.8M -rw------- 1 shinnok shinnok 1.8M Jun 19 11:46 ssleay32.lib

These two approaches combined would make building Ncat portable a matter
of switching the build configuration.