Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap Crashing and CPU Utilisation hangs at 50%

From: Ray Middleton <ray.middleton () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:23:25 +0000

Hi,

I am currently trying to scan blocks of IP addresses in Zenmap v5.21.
However, Zenmap keeps on switching to "not responding", CPU utilisation
jumps to 50% and the programme hangs until it is manually closed out.  I am
not scanning relatively large blocks of IP's when this happens and it can
happen with as few as 254 addresses.

This is the same problem I am having, sadly I can't find much more about it
let alone a fix: http://readlist.com/lists/insecure.org/nmap-dev/1/5994.html

I am running it on Win7Pro, when I scan addresses individually or in small
chunks of 10-40 IP's it works OK, but I have thousands of IP addresses to
get through and this is just not feasible right now.

Is this a known error with Zenmap and is there a work around?  Maybe I am
doing something wrong?

Any help with this matter would be fantastic.

Many thanks

Ray