Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Status Report #1 of 15

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:37:34 -0700

On 2010-05-03, at 8:31 PM, Patrick Donnelly wrote:

Be sure to keep us posted on nmap-dev as well!

Of course. The blog is merely additional, and if anything it might be light on heavyweight development talk. That's all
reserved for this list.

* finish coming up with a name for this project (suggestions encouraged). so far, raiNmap is the only half-decent
candidate I have.

Well if previous naming convention holds any bearing, then I think
Ncloud is the clear choice :).

Yeah it did seem like the obvious choice. I'm not sure how Zenmap got its name, but I figured if there was one project
that diverged from that naming convention, there may be others. I'm not opposed to Ncloud, just that Net-ping and
Net-crack make sense.. Net-cloud, not sure.

—
@