Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last call for smtp-open-relay.nse - help needed

From: Duarte Silva <duartejcsilva () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:21:33 +0000

Hmm, I thought you always had to use the domain. I know on that one you do.

In the article the qmail author wrote http://cr.yp.to/smtp/vrfy.html
it seems it isn't obligatory to use the domain.

Taking your ideas and mashing them a bit, I think I will give the user
the possibility to choose a domain to test the users with, and a
domain for the EHLO command (as what happened to smtp-open-relay).

If the user does not provide one the script will figure it out using
the rDNS/provided hostname.
If in the end we still got an IP address, there is also the
possibility to use the domain from the EHLO command reply.
What do you thing about that?