Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last call for smtp-open-relay.nse - help needed

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:45:46 -0600

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:23:47 +0000 Duarte Silva
<duartejcsilva () gmail com> wrote:
VRFY test () xxx mb ca
550 5.1.1 <test () xxx mb ca>: Recipient address rejected: xxx.mb.ca
VRFY yyy () xxx mb ca
252 2.0.0 yyy () xxx mb ca

Hmm this is interesting. I should add a domain argument so that the
script can perform tests like the ones mentioned above. The script
currently doesn't take that into account because I didn't knew that it
was possible to use the actual e-mail.

Hmm, I thought you always had to use the domain. I know on that one you do.

You can access the hostname through the 'nmap' object, so it might be enough to append @hostname to the names. That
naturally assumes that the user running it typed in the hostname and not an ip range, though maybe the rDNS name would
be enough?

Just thinking out loud.

--
Ron Bowes