Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Regarding a possible bug..

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:16:21 -0700

On 2010-02-11 17:49, Fyodor wrote:
Yeah, I agree that its a bit confusing that -v and -d are so similar in
purpose yet take different syntaxes. We should probably allow each of them to
take any of the forms (e.g. allow -v3 or -vvv or -v -v -v).

I've added an item for this in docs/TODO, but that won't magically make it
happen. So anyone who wants to write a patch is welcome and encouraged to do
so.

Attached is a patch that enables all three styles (-ddd, -d -d -d, and -d3) for
both -d and -v. The patch also removes the TODO list entry and updates the
manpage.

Thank you Mak. I have applied your suggested changes, though I found a
way to make the code a bit more concise. For future reference, when
making changes to the man page you should edit the XML source file
refguide.xml, and you don't have to include TODO updates in patches.

David Fifield