Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Installing Nmap on Cell phones.

From: "Christopher Atanasopulo [John Doe]" <lugsam () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 15:25:45 -0300

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman
<buanzo () buanzo com ar> wrote:

Nigel Norfolk wrote:
Hi, I have been searcing the archives, looking for information on how to install Nmap onto my cell phone, so far
without any luck.

I recall John (CCed) compiled it for the A1200 I think. I remember posting the link to his blog or
something like that. Feel free to ask him.

Yep, Buanzo is right. I managed to build nmap for mi Motorola a1200.
This phone runs an embedded linux system (Montavista Consumer
Electronics Linux 3.1) very very stripped to the bone and a kernel
highly customized by Motorola. There is no official SDK released by
Motorola but I used an unofficial one called MKEzx (project is dead
now, moved to OpenEmbedded which is more like a framework to build
embedded distros).

Anyway you want to build for Symbian target which is way far from my
knowledge...

--
Christopher 'J0hn D0e' Atanasopulo
.o. ..o ooo